Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

To me, it's easy to be thankful when things are going well. It's a bit more tough when you're going through difficult times....a shrinking economy, loss of a loved one, etc.... Here's what 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says: " give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." That isn't always easy to do, is it?

Psalm 100 says
1.Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Those verses make the importance of thanksgiving pretty obvious. On a personal note, I am thankful for many things, but one thing I'm thankful for in particular this year is that we are going to be celebrating Thanksgiving Day with my Granny Margaret, who is 81 years old. She is still able and wants to cook the Thanksgiving meal for the family. She is awesome, and I thank God that my kids are growing up spending this wonderful holiday with their great-grandmother.
Yesterday, I spent some time with my son's first grade. All the first grade classes had Thanksgiving lunch together. They had all the fixings....turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. The only thing missing was pumpkin pie (but hey...first graders prefer cupcakes--LOL)! I enjoyed spending this time with Matthew. Below are some photos I took (The smiling lady below is my son's teacher! So nice!)

“Each day we are given the gift of 86,400 seconds. Have you used one to say ‘thank you'?" William A. Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment