Sunday, August 2, 2009

Great Day

I had a very happy birthday. I turned 45 today. My wonderful hubby encouraged me to have friends over on Friday night. We swam and scrapbooked! Then this morning, he and the kids gave me their gifts (boxed chocolate and my favorite perfume) and some adorable cards--the kind with sound. The kids' card was the recordable kind. They say, "Happy Birthday, Mom. We love you" in unison, and then someone starts singing, "You are my sunshine." Oh my gosh...talk about melting a mom's heart!
We got ready and went out for breakfast, which is something we NEVER do unless we're on vacation. Then we went to church. After church, we went out for lunch, shopped for back to "you know where" supplies, and then went home for a Sunday afternoon nap. My best friend from back home, Kim L. , who I hadn't heard from in forever, surprised me with a phone call today. All in all...a lovely day! Below are some photo highlights!



Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday! It truly was.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I know *I* had fun! The cake was yummy, the swimming was fun, and the company was the BEST!

    ReplyDelete