Friday, July 23, 2010

Staycation Days 5 and 6

On the fifth day of our staycation, we drove to Statesboro, GA to Splash in the Boro, a family water park. It was our first time, but definitely not our last time there. I don't have pictures to share with you because I took them with a waterproof film camera. But maybe one day I'll scan them and post (but don't hold your breath). To see the park, click on the link and check them out. We had a wonderful time, once we got there. I would not recommend their driving directions from their website. We took a wrong turn and it cost us at least an extra hour of time we could have had at the park. But it was worth it. The best part? It was only ten dollars per person. We were famished on the way home, so we stopped at Dairy Queen in Burke County. After supper, we each got an ice cream. What a fun summer trip!
On the sixth day, we did something else we had never done. We drove to Monetta to see our first movie at a drive-in movie. We saw a double feature, Despicable Me and Toy Story 3. Although a strong thunderstorm rolled through while we were there and delayed the start of the movies, and we didn't get in bed until after 2 AM, I'd still do it all over again. It was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. okay...first off, you were really close by for the drive in, did you know? (well, relatively speaking of course). I'd like to do the drive in soon...hmmmmm....maybe tomorrow nite???

    And Splash in the Boro looks like fun! Wish it were closer! But hey, if you wanted, you could bring the boys and come to Palmetto Falls at Ft. Jackson with me...if you're my guest, you get a discount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I didn't realize at the time that I was close by you. Is Palmetto Falls a water park? Sounds like fun. Maybe we can fit it in sometime soon! Thanks for the invite, Linda.

    ReplyDelete