Sunday, May 23, 2010

Strawberries


One of the first things I think of when I hear the word "spring" is STRAWBERRIES. I love them! Last weekend, we spent the morning at Gurosik's Berry Plantation. We picked two gallons of strawberries. Fun thing to do as a family! It was hot, we were sweaty, but we enjoyed it! We even ran into a good friend and her boys. How fortunate that someone we know was there to take our pictures!


Well, we ate the first gallon of strawberries on waffles and in smoothies within 3 days. The next gallon took a bit longer to go through. We had them in yogurt parfeits for breakfast. (This one has vanilla yogurt, vanilla almond granola, and berries in it.)

And we had them with cream puffs for dessert kabobs (you really must try this)! And we had a beautiful fruit pizza this afternoon out on the back porch.



So how do you like to use fresh strawberries?

1 comment:

  1. mostly I cut them up and eat them. I make a mean strawberry daiquiri (non-alcoholic). I make strawberry rhubarb crumble. I make sweetened strawberries for shortcake. and if there are any sweetened berries left, I have them with toast in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete