Thursday, May 29, 2008

"When Bad Things Happen to Good People."

Photo of Nicole Sponberg (Hear her song at top of my Play List.)
I'm having a hard time this morning. I know God's ways are higher than ours and that He is sovereign, but sometimes it's hard to understand with my finite, human mind why God allows certain things to happen. I just read this morning where Nicole Sponberg lost her 2 month old baby, Luke, to SIDS Tuesday night. Her brother (Todd from the group Selah....see my play list) and his wife just lost their baby just 7 weeks ago, though different circumstances. Then last week, Steven Curtis Chapman lost his 5 year old daughter in a tragic accident. It seems so hard to understand why God has allowed these things to happen, especially, dare I say it... to people who are so faithfully doing his work. I know that God is faithful and never changes. My heart just hurts for these families. It makes me want to go pick up my kids from school right now and hug them and tell them I love them again. I hope we all realize how precious our families, our children are. Love on yours today, and lift these grieving families up in prayer. (See this blog post for more details.)

I'm glad we have a Savior who hears us when we call. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 says this. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 comments:

  1. It's heartwrenching, isn't it? And it IS hard to believe in a God who would take little children...but we have to believe that He knows us...knew us from before we were born...He calls us by name...the name He knew we would have. He has a plan for everyone.

    I know most people think that those words are just fluff...but I truly believe them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the book "The Shack" and it involved this very topic. It is heart-breaking. It is right though that her baby rests in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete