Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our weekend

It has been a fun but busy weekend. Ed is at church right now, probably wondering why his wife and kids didn't show up. I have no excuse. I knew today was going to be crowded, and I don't do crowds too well (not sure what that means for me as of yet). And Jonathan's class in the middle school group wasn't meeting today, and he didn't want to go. Although they were going to have tail-gating after church and inflatables for the kids, we opted out. Matthew went to a birthday party at one of those inflatable, bouncy places yesterday, so I figured he'd had enough of that....though later, almost 10:30, he asks..."Can we go to church? I want to play on those blow-up thingys." Well...it was too late, and I feel bad that I didn't force the issue and just go. I really gotta step outside my comfort zone sometimes. Well, for now, I will choose to look at the postive side: I gave up two seats for visitors (mine and Jonathan's).
Friday night, we had dinner with my good friend, Lauri. She is an awesome cook, and we enjoyed seeing her house for the first time. Thanks for a great time, Lauri! You rock!

Yesterday, Ed was a saint. He spent the better half of the day taking Matthew to birthday parties. He had been invited to one at 11 AM and one at 1PM. While they were gone, Jonathan and I went to the movies. I LOVED the movie, New in Town. It didn't get great reviews, but I enjoyed it, especially getting to spend time with Jonathan. It would be great to go see with your scrapbooking girlfriends! Yep...there are scrapbooking scenes in it! COOL! Check out this link.

Yesterday afternoon, we played in the backyard with the dogs. Sort of concerned about our dog, Sally. She's between 10 and 11 years old, and she has a lump of sorts on her left hindquarter. And though she will run and walk on it, she won't put all her weight on that leg when standing still. She also is very slow getting up from lying down. Gotta call the vet.
Sally...isn't she a beauty?
I took the opportunity to get some photos of the dogs. Obviously, we haven't made much headway in finding these dogs a home. To make matters worse, we've named the dogs. (Yep...I guess they've grown on me a little.) The pit bull has been called Fay (instead of FH for Fat Head that Ed wanted to call her!), and the Westie has been dubbed Q-tip! Here are some snapshots I took of them playing yesterday while we enjoyed what was left of the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you, that westie is CUTE!

    What did Lauri feed you? I'm still in awe of her Southwest Chicken Bundles that she made for us just before we left. It was a great blessing to have her do that, and I'm hoping that you and her come to Lexington SOON and visit me in my new house, too!

    ReplyDelete