Thursday, March 20, 2008

jelly beans and Easter


Well, Easter weekend is here! I'm so happy! Today, I finished shopping (I think). I got Jonathan a pair of shoes (a men's 7 1/2 at age 11). Even though I got his size, they don't fit. So back they go. On Sunday, he's wearing navy pants, a lavender shirt, and hopefully new shoes. Matthew will wear navy pants, and a light blue shirt. My hubby is going to wear navy pants and a beautiful pastel green shirt. Me? I didn't buy anything, but I think I'll wear a pink skirt/suit. I'll try to post photos next week.
Tomorrow night, we'll be going to the Good Friday service at our church. Some time tomorrow or Saturday, we're making bunny cookies (and the kids don't care that they're pre-shaped from the package). We'll dye eggs, and I'll get their Easter baskets ready. I used to buy the pre-made ones at the store. But the toys in those always seem to break in less than a day! So now I pick and choose and put my own together. While shopping for candy to put in the plastic eggs, I went to Dollar Tree and found Jelly Belly jelly beans. I love those things. I bought an individual size bag for each of us. We ate them today! :) My favorite is the popcorn flavored or the chocolate flavored. My least favorite is the licorice flavor....ugh!
Sunday should be an awesome day. It's the day we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus! It is so amazing to me to think about what He did for us! He willingly gave up His life, then rose from the dead, so that we might have life and freedom from sin.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
I heard the coolest quote on the radio today. The man said, "If 9-11 are the numbers that represent terror, then 3:16 are the numbers of hope." So true! Hope you all have an awesome and memorable Easter holiday! HE LIVES!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to let me know if the Praise Team sings "Arise My Love"...I SO love when they do that song...

    You and me both love the popcorn jelly beans (and hate licorice, lol). I found "bumpy" jelly beans...the kids will get THOSE in their baskets. I don't go all out with too many toys or candy for that matter. I got each of the kids a chocolate bunny (only about 4 inches tall) and a chocolate "peeps" egg (it's a hollow egg with a marshmallow peep inside!). Hannah's getting some Littlest Pet Shop (2 small sets) and Scotty's getting some Cars mini-adventure (2 cars per set). That's it. Our neighbors and I will be putting on an egg hunt in the afternoon on Easter. The weather's supposed to be pretty yucky on Saturday/Sunday. I was going to take the kids to the big egg hunt at City Park, but 7 year olds aren't allowed! There's a church here that puts out over 10,000 eggs (yes, you read that right...TEN THOUSAND), and kids 0-12 can come...but I am not much for "stranger" crowds, so I think we'll just do our neighborhood and that's it!

    ReplyDelete