Wednesday, March 26, 2008

spring things



I completely forgot to post the photo I took of our Easter dessert. It turned out so cute, and was incredibly easy. I just used a chocolate cake mix and baked it in a bundt pan. I turned it out onto a cake plate, cooled and frosted the top two thirds with vanilla frosting. I pushed a narrow little plastic cup down in the center, added a little frosting to the top, and garnished the top with Reeses Pieces Eggs. What a cute spring cake! It is supposed to look like a nest of eggs. I just love the simplicity of it and how excited my kids were to see it finished.

We are now contemplating what to do over spring break, which officially begins April 5th. That is also the week of the Masters golf tournament, which makes traffic crazy around here. I would love to do a road trip somewhere, but the gas costs! If we go somewhere, we'll have to cancel Matthew's therapy that week, and I am tempted to cancel today. He was so upset that he was going to miss a puppet show at school today. It's not that big a deal for him to miss a week or two, as our insurance only pays for 3o speech visits and 40 OT visits per calendar year anyway.

Maybe we can just stay home and play! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment