Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life and Project 365

I promise you that I don't continually sit in front of the TV, but unfortunately, during this season, there are 3 shows I really want to follow. Two of them started this week, The Bachelor, and The Biggest Loser/Couples. Next week, American Idol begins. It's not a big deal because I can just record and watch whenever I want, but if I just sit and watch them, they all come on during "getting ready for bed" time for the kids on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. Oh well...I'll just catch them when I can, I guess.
On Tuesday of next week, I begin participating in a new Beth Moore Bible study. I'm really looking forward to it, but for those of you who have done them, you know how much work they are. Also, Matthew starts "Listening Therapy" this weekend. That is an extra 20-30 minutes a day on top of homework and school most days of the week. Wednesdays are even longer due to OT and speech. But hey....that's why I'm a stay at home mom. I am doing what I've always wanted to do...be a mom. And I love to scrapbook about it too, but it seems I never have as much time for that as I want. That's where Project 365 comes in.
I will be taking a photo nearly every day about some aspect of our family's life...it could be anything really. I will keep a brief log for journaling purposes. Then I will scrapbook a two page layout of a week at a time. At the end of the year, I will have recorded a whole 365 days of my family's daily life and history. Now who can't scrapbook two pages a week, especially if you use a kit? I can't wait to show you some of my finished pages, but in the meantime, here are the photos I took for the first week. Read more about Project 365 HERE.

The 1000 piece puzzle we've been working on for weeks!

The apples and Cool Whip breakfast Matthew requested

Ed teaching Matthew how to play Monopoly

New Year's Eve at Dan & Jenny's house

Taking down the tree and admiring some of my favorite ornaments.

Notice that I took only 5 photos the first week. That's okay. For a couple of those days, I took more than one photo. As long as I have seven, I'm good to go! This is an exciting and simple project. Won't you try it too?

PS. I will try to catch you up on the second week's photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment